After traveling by train from Kamaishi to Otsuchi, this is literally the Queen Stage, the highest of all the stages in terms of elevation gained, passing by the mountains and the sea from Otsuchi.
[Route] Otsuchi Town → Yamada Town → Miyako City → Iwaizumi Town → Tanohata Village → Fudai Village → Noda Village → Kuji City
[Data] Distance: 149.5km Elevation gain: 3,194m
[Accomodation] Kuji Grand Hotel
06:30 Gather in front of Hotel Folkloro-Sanrikukamaishi
06:55 Depart Kamaishi Station – 07:12 Otsuchi Station (by train, 460 yen)
*Bicycles will be transported by support car.
*Please use a bicycle bag if you want to take a different train.
07:30 Depart from Otsuchi Station
- If you are participating in the basic plan, you can start at any time and place as long as it is not too far from the starting point.
- If you wish to leave your luggage in the support car, please bring it to the assembly point at the assembly time (or the night before if you are staying overnight).
- The detailed route (Ride with GPS, Google My Map) will be sent to each person who has signed up.
Bird’s-eye view (Google Earth)
- Participants are requested to ride safely in compliance with laws and manners, and to act at their own risk.
- If you do not follow the instructions of our staff, you may be asked to cancel your participation in subsequent rides.Please take care of your health when riding, and be in good condition to ride.
- Please take care of your health when riding, and make sure you are in good condition to ride.
- Helmets and other safety equipment must be worn.
- It is your responsibility to maintain the bicycles you use.
- The organizer reserves the right to suspend or cancel the event if it is deemed inappropriate to hold or continue the event due to weather conditions or disasters.
- Please note that the participation fee will not be refunded under any circumstances.
- Only participants who are 15 years old or older as of January 1 of the year of the event are eligible to participate. If you are under 20 years old at the time of application, you will need the consent of a parent or guardian to participate.
What to prepare
- Please prepare a bicycle that is well maintained.
- Front and rear lights (there are many tunnels)
- Repair tools
- Tubes and tires
- Jerseys, underwear and socks.
- Cycling pants and tights with padding
- Rain gear (it always rains for a day or two every year)
- Cycling gloves
- Cycling shoes
- Health insurance card
- Personal first aid kit, sun cream
- First aid kit, sunscreen, snacks, supplements, etc.
- Cell phone
- Transportation to and from arrival point
*To protect yourself and your bicycle, we ask that you purchase liability insurance.